At our house we are big fans of burrito bowls! This week I didn’t pull up any specific recipe, but just bought some ingredients. I couldn’t be happier with how this turned out. It was filling, nutritious, and of course delicious.
Did you know that sweet potatoes are the most nutrient dense food we can eat? I try to cook with them often! Most people peel them, but the skin is 100% edible, and there is great nutrition in the skin. So if you are into it, leave the skins on! The grocery store only had the golden/white sweet potatoes, but this would also be great with traditional sweet potatoes too. I originally thought I was going to make cauliflower rice, but lately I have been really into this roasted cauliflower. It’s way less effort, and maybe my favorite part of this meal. We chose to add a fried egg on top, which is always yummy. To make this vegan of course just omit the egg, and I suggest adding an avocado.
Roasted Veggie Burrito Bowl
6 servings – 15 minute prep time – 35 minute cook time
- 1- head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2- large sweet potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2- cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1- can sweet corn
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2-garlic cloves, minced
- 6 tbsp olive oil divided
- 1-1.5 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- Eggs (optional)
- Avocado (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- Place sweet potatoes a parchment paper lined (optional, but makes clean up easier) cookie sheet, and drizzle with 2 tbsp of olive oil. Sprinkle cumin, 1 tbsp or paprika, salt and pepper over the top and mix. If it seems like they aren’t well coated, add the last 1/2 tbsp of paprika.
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes, then stir them up and cook for 15 more minutes
- While they are cooking lay out the cauliflower in a single layer on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Coat with 2 tbsp of olive oil, salt, and pepper. When the sweet potatoes have been cooking for about 10 minutes, add the cauliflower to the oven. Leave them in until the potatoes are done, or when they have gotten nice and golden on the bottom.
- When there are 15 minutes left, heat a large skillet over medium heat with the remaining 2 tbsp of olive oil. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Stirring regularly so the garlic doesn’t burn. Add the black beans, corn, and salt and pepper. Heat through for a few minutes. Once everything is nice and hot it is ready!
- To serve add the sweet potatoes, cauliflower, and black bean mixture. Optional add a fried egg or avocado. Serve with your favorite hot sauce or salsa and enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this roasted veggie burrito bowl! If you try it out I’d love to hear from you. Please like, share and enjoy!