This bubbly activity is sure to excite your little one! So simple to put together, and would be fun for kids of all ages! We originally tried this activity for Asher’s 1st birthday. We were all locked down in quarantine, but still wanted to make it special. This was just the thing! We also tried it just a couple weeks ago, added some trucks which blended the colors in the most amazing way! I could also see this used for older kids making potions or even a foam fight. I followed the recipe I found at Hello Wonderful, you can follow the link or find the recipe bellow.
Soap Foam Recipe
- 1/4 cup tear free baby soap/ bubble bath
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 TBSP flour*
- Food coloring
- large mixing bowl
- hand mixer/ kitchen aid with whisk attachment
Step 1- Add all ingredients
Step 2- Mix until super foamy, and dump into where ever you are going to play!
Step 3- Repeat for other colors
- The flour is optional. If you are worried about it clogging your drains you can totally leave it our but the bubbles won’t hold as long. I avoided this worry by playing in these bubbles in a large storage tub and dumping in the trash after.
- If you use large amounts of food coloring it might dye your child’s skin. Obviously not harmful, but something to keep in mind.
- If you have a kid who eats everything, you can also make the foam from the liquid in a can of garbanzo beans! The bubbles are not as stable though. You can find a recipe here https://kidactivitieswithalexa.com/en/taste-safe-foam/#zrdn-recipe-container
I hope you try this activity out, it is seriously fun! If you do please share and leave a comment below. I’d love to hear how it went!